I am a cheerful, outgoing, bubbly 60 year old lady , cat lover, who requires a female Personal Assistant to help me with various activities. I am a wheelchair user, and have Diabetes which is controlled by weekly medication, and have double hip replacements. I would need assistance with all aspects of personal care and household duties.
Location: Norwich, NR4
I live in a sheltered housing scheme with an offsite warden in Norwich with my partner Janet, and our two cats, Tessa Tinka 14 years old, and our new addition to the family 14-month-old Lord Lacy. The candidate must be ok with various forms of wildlife, which range from ducks through to squirrels, with the occasional hedgehog and frogs.
My current needs are:
Help with toileting and washing, and some dressing. I use pads for incontinence.
The successful candidate would need to be a car driver, and have some experience of handling folding large wheelchairs, plus client transfer.
When I feel able to do so, I use a Zimmer frame to help with mobility, and also a wheelchair. I enjoy going out, i.e., bowling, eating out, maybe a trip to the local shops or park, visiting relatives and the coast, weather allowing.
I require a full hot meal at midday, due to Diabetes. (No microwave available). A meal will be provided for the successful candidate when working.
On bad days which are few and far between, I need help with feeding.
I also possibly have Autism, so an understanding of this would be necessary.
May include other duties, to be discussed
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application. Due to the personal care element of this role a female carer is preferred.
· Wheelchair training
· Autism awareness
· Health and hygiene skills
· Domestic/cooking skills
· Good communication skills and a sense of humour
· Knowledge of Safeguarding and treating people with respect and dignity
· Animal lover
· Car driver essential
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 8hrs in total. Days and times flexible and can be negotiated
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.