A lady in a wheelchair is looking for support to live independently and to live well.
She is looking for 2 female carers to work a total of 15 hours per week between them. This pleasant and friendly lady, who likes to enjoy life, lives in Chilton, DL17, in County Durham.
She is looking for two Personal Carers to work an hour each morning and an hour each evening – exact workdays will be negotiated between the lady who will be employing the carers and the other personal care assistant.
Hours of work / rate of pay:
- Start times on a morning will be between 0800 and 0830
- Evening work will take place between 2000 and 21000 (to be agreed based on availability with the employer and other carer).
- Hourly rate of pay: £9.25/hr
- The Personal Carer will be expected to assist their employer with showering, dressing and applying cream twice a day, as well as support with other personal care.
- There will be some light housework and meal preparation when required.
- One of the carer’s will need to complete the food shopping on behalf of their employer over one hour each week
- The Personal Carer(s) should have a flexible approach to their work and be (a) team player(s).
- They will need to cover for holidays and sickness if the other carer is off.
- Experience in the care sector would be beneficial, but it is not necessary as training can be provided.
The successful candidate will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS which will be paid for by the employer.
I would like to get on with any carer who works for me and look forward to hearing from you so that we can talk over the phone / video call in the first instance.