PA for 6 hours per week + additional 6 hours in the holidays required in LS14 boy age 17 - Leeds - LS14
Job Reference (38675798)
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Hours Per Week: 6 hours per week and additional 6 hours in the Holidays
Hourly rate: 10.50 per hour
Location: At home in LS14 and in the local community
Are you interested in supporting a young person in the home and with accessing the community? Can you spare 6 hours a week to support a young person with accessing the community and building their independence skills?
If so, this is a great opportunity to earn money, enhance your CV and build experience for your career in the public/ health/ care sector.
C is an engaging and inquisitive 17 year old, with a playful personality. His interests includes cars as in toys but also loves to travel in a car. He likes to go to the coast and spend time by the sea.
He would like someone who could introduce him to new experiences and open his world a little. This will allow him to build his confidence, social and independence skills out of his home.
One of the key roles of the PA would be to support C to grow in confidence when interacting with members of the public and peers. C’s PA needs to be happy to join in with this.
The ideal candidate is compassionate, reliable and conscientious with a good sense of humour, they should be happy working on their own and part of a team and willing to go the extra mile. You should be friendly and approachable, sensitive, flexible and fun!
What are the duties?
· Support in accessing the community for fun activities, or groups.
· Spending down-time at home doing independent tasks, and spending time engaging with C.
· Support to source and access interest and hobbies
· Supporting the learning of new skills
· An understanding of interaction with a person who is non verbal
· Flexibility towards planned activities
· An ability to meet C’s personal care needs with dignity and respect.
· As C receives all his nutrition through a Peg feed, training would be required to ensure there understanding could be developed to meet these needs.
· Patience and tolerance.
· Full clean driving licence and vehicle desirable (mileage reimbursed)
Any relevant experience will be considered if the skills can be applied to this role.
What we can offer:
· Supportive and pleasant home environment
· Comprehensive package of paid training
· Flexible work schedule
· £10.50 per hour, plus holiday pay etc.
If this is the role for you, please apply via UKCIL.
Social + Leisure activities
Support to remain independent
Full UK driving license
Own personal car
Schedule, Pay & Hours
ONA = Overnight Awake / ONS = Overnight Sleep