We are looking for a suitable person to support my son who has Autism.
6 hours per week to be worked by the PA on flexible terms with agreement with the employer.
An Enhanced DBS will be carried out for this Job role, the cost will be met by LCC.
I am looking for a Personal Assistant to enable my 13 years old son access suitable activities as well as encouraging and supporting him with learning, i.e. English, Maths and Arts. I will provide you with work sheets according to recommendation through school for his age to go though. You will also be able to explore suitable groups and social activities and encourage him to attend, which may help him to develop his language skills.
My son is tall, friendly, outgoing and charming young person and has all of the common characteristics associated with Autism Experience of working with children with SEN – possibly including autistic characteristics is essential.
In this role, personal care may be required. For example, help with hand washing and dressing. He will also need supervision at all times as he has limited awareness of danger around him. You will also encourage him to learn about his own personal care and support him with it as and when needed.
- Personal care
- Support to source and access interest and hobbies and appropriate groups.
- Ensure my son is supervised and safe at all times
- Support my son with activities as discussed with me
- Encourage him with learning through work sheets or any other appropriate methods
- Supporting the learning of new skills or interests