I am looking to recruit a Personal Assistant able to commence work as soon as possible.
If you have experience of working with nonverbal young people delivering personal care and like animals, this opportunity could be for you. We have a pony, a dog, a rabbit, ducks and chickens and live in Dunkerton (4 miles northeast of Radstock, and 5 miles southwest of Bath).
Subject to satisfactory references and a DBS check you will work closely with my 15-year son who is slight for his age. My son can walk short distances and uses a wheelchair. I am looking for someone who is caring, friendly, patient and who can understand and deliver the needs required.
Ideal hours with flexibility:
Term Time - Every Wednesday after school to attend club.
School Holiday – 2/3 times a week including Saturday to accompany to activities. plus, one weekend evening to be discussed at interview.
Approximately 12 hours per week
As a Personal Care Assistant your job will be to provide:
- Community Access and club attendance.
- Personal care/toileting.
- Previous experience in care with young people with special needs.
- Experience in delivering personal care.
- Experience of Learning difficulties and nonverbal
- Must have up to date COVID vaccinations.
- A clean driving licence, business insurance and use of your own
- Knowledge of safeguarding policy and procedure.
You must be legally able to work in the UK. Proof of ID, two references and a full DBS check will be required, before anyone is hired. There will be a trial period of 12 weeks.
The position is paid at £9.50 per hour weekday, £9.68 per hour weekend, plus mileage and will be paid through the PAYE scheme. This is not a cash position.