I am a young man who has Smith-Magenis Syndrome. This is a genetic disability which includes intellectual disability, delayed speech and language, sleep disturbance and behavioral problems.
I'm looking for a positive, reliable, kind and out-going PA to support me with accessing the community. This may include; going shopping, preparing meals, some personal care, accessing the community and much more! I have lots of hobbies which include; swimming, going to charity shops, music (especially my guitar!), cooking and watching TV game shows.I also have a pet dog, who is very friendly.
Experience in similar role would be advantageous, although not essential.
- Must be reliable & Punctual.
- Willing to undertake training when available
- Full Driving Licence required, and must be 25 or over to be able to be insured on my van.
- Good communication skills
Hours & Pay:
- 20 hours per week between Monday and Wednesday, and potentially weekend work
- Start time will be no earlier than 10:00am and finish time will be no later than 5:00pm, however these hours may change but this will be prearranged
- Arrive at the scheduled time, ready to start work. Let me know if you are going to be more than 10 minutes late.
- I will need you to respect my privacy. Many problems can arise from casual conversation about the care and assistance that you give. Maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Appreciate the strains and stresses involved for me and the effect this can have on the acceptance of your help. You should respect the possessions and equipment in my home.
- Training may become available in certain key areas. You should be prepared to attend any relevant training sessions, read any training literature provided and follow procedures.
- DBS will be required and checked
- Meal Preparation
- Personal Care
- Social + Leisure activities
- Full UK driving license
- Own personal car
- Can drive a motability equipped car
ONA = Overnight Awake / ONS = Overnight Sleep