To support me to live in my own home and to aid my rehabilitation by taking me to groups and activities.
This post is to provide quality, holistic care and support to me in a relaxed, friendly environment. I am a cheerful and enthusiastic 46 year old man with a zest for life. I live at home with my wife and child. After an acquired brain injury I need support to remain as independent as possible in my own home. I am an electric wheelchair user and I have limited verbal communication, although I understand everything said to me and communicate very well non-verbally. I can walk short distances around my home with the aid of a walking frame when assisted. I love being outside, visiting places, crafts, motorbikes, cooking and using the computer.
The role includes:
· Personal care including washing and dressing
· Support to prepare food and drinks and to take medication as I only have the use of one hand
· Minimal assistance with toileting
· Basic exercises (will be trained by a private physiotherapist)
The role is based at our home in Hethersett, but will include taking me to different groups and activities. You will be required to drive our Motability vehicle, and will need suitable insurance to do so. This can be discussed further at interview.
Please note, the hours are in school term time only (normally 39 weeks per year).
NB - This job may involve working around young people or children
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Good oral communication skills
· Enthusiastic and proactive
· Ability to assist with personal care
· Ability to work without supervision
· Good timekeeping
· A proactive person, who can see beyond my disabilities
· Car driver, with fully comprehensive insurance in order to drive a Motability vehicle
· Experience in a similar role
· Good sense of humour
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.05 per hour.
· Hours and times of work: This post is to cover maternity leave for one year, 21.5 hours per week, Monday and Tuesday from 7am-5:45pm, term time only.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.