To support our daughter to develop the skills and confidence to continue in her semi-independent living placement as she transitions into adult life.
Location: Norwich, NR1
We are looking for a friendly and experienced PA/Support worker to build and help develop our daughter’s skills, confidence and independence. Our daughter has a range of support needs with a diagnosis of OCD, Tourette’s and autism. Having recently moved into a 2-year semi-independent living placement, ‘G’ needs support and guidance with a range of daily-living tasks both within the home and out in the community. This may include supporting with her finances, helping her plan her shopping, assisting with budgeting, supporting with domestic duties or helping our daughter plan a new route into the local community.
It is important our daughter receives the correct level of input and support now to ensure she is able and confident to continue to live in her current placement. If she was left unsupported her anxieties and OCD could increase which could have a negative impact on her wellbeing and could affect the progress being made in her current placement.
Duties to include:
· Providing support to prepare simple hot meals and developing our daughter’s cooking skills.
· Assisting with domestic tasks such as cleaning, tidying and washing up.
· Helping our daughter to develop and maintain positive relationships with peers of her own age.
· Helping our daughter to develop the confidence and independence to attend college, access the local community and use public transport.
· Promoting positive routines and habits around personal hygiene and appearance. No personal care required.
· Organising a supported activity once a week to develop our daughter’s independence skills. This will include recording key skills and progress being made for other professionals involved in supporting our daughter.
· Providing general reminders and prompting throughout the day.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Previous experience in a social care role highly desirable.
· Previous experience working with young adult highly desirable.
· Understanding of or previous experience working with individuals with OCD, Tourette’s or autism.
· Driving license holder with own vehicle and appropriate business insurance cover preferred.
· Calm and supportive manner.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 7 hours per week, working 1 hour per day Monday to Friday in the afternoons, with 2 hours per week to be allocated for a particular supported activity.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.