IBK are supporting a gentleman who is looking to employ one or two PA’s to support him. He has quadriplegic athetoid cerebral palsy, this affects movement of his arms, legs, and speech. This gentleman wants to live a happy life to the best of his ability, he has a very laid-back household and is looking for someone with a good sense of humour.
The hours he is looking to cover are:
- Wednesday, Friday and Sunday - 8am - 1pm
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6pm - 8,30pm
This gent has a physical disability and uses a wheelchair to get around. This role is to help him with bathing, showering, personal care, administration of medication and minor medical treatments. Accompanying to medical appointments and occasional outings. Cooking meals, shopping, and general domestic duties are an essential part of this role.
Shadowing the existing PA or sister will be required at first until you are confident in this role.
This gentleman has a love of cats and as such a PA needs to be confident around looking after a cat, including feeding and grooming.
· Willing to take direction from this gentleman
· Have experience of working with communication difficulties.
· Experience of this type of work. Professional or personal.
· Be friendly, reliable, and honest; and maintain confidentiality.
· Be respectful in the home.
· Have experience of personal care and willing to work with incontinence equipment.
· Be physically capable of carrying out tasks described.
· A good sense of humour.