To assist a young female wheelchair user to get out and about and enjoy social activities.
This role will involve supporting me to access the community and enjoy a social life. I like arts and crafts; shopping and all the usual activities teenagers do. I will require your assistance with my personal care while we are out and about together. This would be a great fun, rewarding role for the right person.
May include other duties, to be discussed
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Moving and handling training or willingness to learn.
· Friendly and fun
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: Approx. 10 hours per week in term time and 25 hours per week in college holidays, times being flexible/negotiable
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.