J is a very sociable 15 year old boy with a lovely cheeky sense of humour. He has a learning disability, some coordination difficulties and a hearing and vision impairment. He would like your support to enjoy activities of interest to him and give him some independence from his mum.
Details: J would like your support with activities at home, such as cooking and board games. He would also like to get out and about when possible, and his main interest is trains. J can say and understand simple sentences, however his speech can be unclear due to his hearing impairment, so you will need to take the time to listen to and communicate with J. He can also be unsteady on his feet, so you will need to be vigilant at all times while out in case of trips and falls.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· An enjoyment of working with children, particularly those with special needs.
· A very good listener.
· Cheerful and fun with a good sense of humour.
· Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 8 hours per week term time to be worked at the weekend, and 18 hours per week during the school holidays. Hours will be arranged flexibly to suit both parties.
· The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.