Job Purpose: I’m an easy going female wheelchair user, who would like your support with getting out and about, domestic tasks and limited personal care.
· Driving me in my wheelchair adapted vehicle and supporting me to attend appointments, go shopping or enjoy leisure trips to the coast etc.
· Domestic tasks such as dusting and hoovering, changing bed linen and ironing.
· Preparing snacks and drinks.
· Assisting me to use the commode using a return stand aid.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Aged over 21 years with a full, relatively clean UK driving licence.
· Friendly and helpful personality.
· Hard working and happy to follow my instructions.
· Happy to work around my 3 cats.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 21 hours per week to be worked approx. 9:30am-2:30pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.