Female Personal Assistant needed 15 hours per week to give support with caring and domestic tasks.
The ideal personal assistant would support husband in caring for his wife, as well as working at times independently.
· Help with light domestic tasks, - changing bedding, dusting and vacuuming, and prepared to take some initiative with performing tasks as needed.
· Personal Care – all aspects of personal care – showering, getting dressed and brushing teeth.
· Support with Preparation of meals, feeding and drinking.
· Provide Companionship – client has difficulty in communicating – this post would be suited to someone who is happy to sit and converse.
· Be able to take client out in a wheelchair when time and weather permits.
Qualities & Experience:
The Personal Assistant should feel confident to ask what the client’s needs are and also be willing to listen and carry out requests and directions that are given and be happy to ask when you have not understood a request.
Would like a person that is easy to get on with and happy to be involved in the day to day care needs.
Experience in a similar role /familiar with Dementia required;
Training in moving & Transferring /manual handing required;
Car Driver preferred, although not essential.
Hours: Monday – Friday 12- 3pm (some flexibility as the hours may become 11-2pm)
Rate of pay £9.50 per hour (paid holiday entitlement 5.6 weeks per year pro rata.)
Please note the Employer has a small dog.
All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check.
This advert complies with the Equality Act 2010 Part 1, schedule 9 as it is a ‘genuine occupational requirement’ due to personal care.