Purpose of the role:
To be part of a team of personal assistants to support me with my physical and mental disability, and provide support with all personal care needs and to access social activities.
You will be required to maintain a clean and healthy living environment.
Personal Assistants will be directed by myself and family members.
You will be required to complete an induction period of 12 weeks.
· Assist to access the shower
· Assist to dress
· Continence management
· Assist to some hospital/GP appointments
· Support me with mobility
· Support me with medication and regular fluid intake
· Change and make the bed as required
· Laundry and cleaning
· cooking tasks
· Support me to engage in various activities.
· Support me to engage in my local community
· Accompany me to leisure activities/recreation
· Any other request that I may reasonably make
· You will be expected to keep total confidentiality at all times.
· Be reliable and trustworthy
· Good time keeper
· Polite and well-mannered at all times
· Prioritise and manage tasks effectively
· Be able to accept responsibility
· Working knowledge of safeguarding issues
· Have good communication skills
· Have the skills and knowledge of working within a team.
· Have a positive and encouraging outlook
· Be able to use initiative
· Able to handle the physical skills of lifting, pushing and bending (use of hoist) You don’t have to be particularly physically strong to do this, technique is as important as physical strength.
· Undertake to attend any necessary training courses.
· Be respectful at all times to both myself and fellow members of staff
You will need to be flexible both in attitude and with the working day
· Car driver (clean licence)
· Experience as a Personal Assistant/Support Worker especially in Parkinsons and dementia care
· Good sense of humour
· Personalised approach
· Payments will be made on 20th of each month following the completion and sign-off of weekly time sheets
· You will be entitled to 5.6 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday each year.
· You will be required to give at least two weeks’ notice for any holiday required so that alternative arrangements can be made.