To support a mother undergoing cancer treatment with running her home, domestic duties and personal care.
Location: Thetford, IP24
I am a mother of three looking for a friendly PA to help with domestic duties, food preparation and personal care. I am undergoing major treatments, including chemotherapy and radiotherapy for my cancer diagnosis, which leave me tired, fatigued and vulnerable to infection. Helping me to run my home, keeping my home hygienic, and supporting me to look after my three teenage children and our pets will be key to your role.
Duties to include:
· Domestic duties to ensure my home is clean and hygienic. Major hygiene cleans will be needed as I undergo further treatment due to my weakened immune system, focusing particularly on the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
· Doing my laundry and changing my bed linen every day.
· Keeping my home safe, tidy and free from any trip hazards.
· Support with personal care including assisting with showering and getting undressed and dressed into clean comfortable clothing.
· Supporting to prepare fresh and well-balanced meals for myself and my children.
· Parenting duties may be expected of the role, particularly during overnight hospital stays or if I am self-isolating following treatment. This may include helping my children with their homework, being a supportive figure within the home and helping maintain their home environment.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· High personal hygiene and domestic hygiene standards essential as my immune system is weakened and I am vulnerable to infection.
· Able to prepare and cook healthy meals to support a balanced diet for me and my children.
· Previous experience in a social care role highly desirable.
· Must be comfortable working in an environment with dogs and cats.
· Must be comfortable working closely with my teenage children.
· Must be kind, caring and compassionate.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 21 hours per week, working 3 hours per day 7 days a week. This post can be considered as a job share between 2 PAs.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.