To support an outgoing woman with cerebral palsy and physical support needs in her home, promoting independence and enabling access to the community.
Location: Mundesley, NR11
I am looking for a friendly PA to assist with household duties, food preparation, admin tasks, and personal care. My hobbies include being out and about visiting places, and I enjoy arts and crafts activities, such as cross stitch and making cushions, so a shared interest in any of these would be an added bonus. This post could be a rewarding experience for someone who would enjoy being a friendly companion, and if you feel you would like to make a positive impact on someone’s life then I would love to hear from you.
Duties to include:
· Household tasks including hoovering, cleaning, washing up, changing bed linen, and doing laundry.
· Ensuring my home is safe, tidy and free from trip hazards.
· Preparing drinks, snacks, and a main meal each day. This will include support with cutting food and clearing away afterwards.
· Admin tasks including support with checking post and managing online food shopping.
· Assisting with handling money when out and about.
· Organising my medication in weekly medication pots.
· Assisting with elements of personal care and providing support where needed while maintaining my independence.
· Support with developing and maintaining personal relationships with family and friends.
· Support with accessing the local community and using public transport, including going shopping.
· Accompanying to medical appointments and prompting to take medication at the correct times.
· Using a hoist to lift me in and out of my car.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Must enjoy being out and about as I am outgoing, enjoy socialising with friends and being active outside of the house.
· Although my epilepsy is controlled with medication it is important to note that an episode can never be ruled out, so you must be confident that you would be able to remain calm and seek medical help if necessary.
· UK driving license holder and able to drive a manual as driving will be expected as part of your role.
· Must be friendly, and compassionate with a good sense of humour.
· Must be patient and calm.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 9.75 hours per week, working 7 days per week across the afternoons.