Location: Dereham, NR20
I am a mother with MS looking for a friendly bank cover PA to support me and my 13-year old son by providing temporary holiday and sickness cover for our existing PA. There is work available from week commencing 24 May, with a minimum of 3 weeks’ work on offer, with the possibility of extension depending on whether our PA can return to work.
Your role will include providing support with meal preparation, household duties, parenting support and personal care. My condition causes symptoms that vary day to day which include poor mobility, pain and fatigue.
Duties to include:
· Domestic duties including support with laundry, changing bed linen, hoovering, and tidying away.
· Parenting support with my son, including getting him ready for school, taking him to/from school, and prompting him do to things like brushing his teeth and making sure he has his lunch.
· Preparing drinks and meals for myself and my family. My symptoms can vary day-to-day so this support may be needed more on some days than others.
· Personal care support, including assisting with showering and dressing /undressing.
· General duties such as doing my food shopping for me or running errands.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Previous experience in a social care role highly desirable.
· Must be good with children, and previous experience working with children highly desirable.
· Must be comfortable working in a home with dogs.
· Must be easy going nature with a good sense of humour.
· UK driving license, own vehicle and business insurance cover preferred.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: Working up to 18 hours per week to cover PA holiday and sickness on an ad-hoc basis. Normal hours are typically Monday to Friday, working 08:30 to 12:00 but subject to change.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.