Post status: 3 Hours per week (£9.18) to be used flexibly.
Provision: Transport costs to and from our property will be provided.
Location: Leeds (LS7)
Purpose to the job: We are looking for a caring and patient person to support our 8 year-old daughter who has Down’s Syndrome, to participate in social activities. She is an active and fun-loving child who enjoys singing, dancing, swimming, animals and the outdoors.
· This role could involve supporting our daughter to take part in social activities and groups, e.g. going to a soft play centre, to brownies to her swimming class on a weekend or a trip to the park.
· Her speech is delayed and she can become frustrated if not understood. She will need guidance on how to include children in her play.
· She has few personal care issues and can go to the toilet unaided but will need support getting dressed and undressed.
· To support her learning and development; to encourage her with reading and counting.
· To communicate effectively with her family.
· To continually assess the risks to her safety as she can run off without warning.
· To be able to keep up with an energetic child.
· Makaton trained
· Knowledge and/or experience of Downs Syndrome
· Previous experience of the caring for someone with a learning disability
DBS checks and references will be required.
We are working with Leeds CIL (Leeds Centre for Integrated Living) who support families to employ PA’s. To request an application form for this position please contact Tom Harris (Independent Living Adviser).
Direct Line:03330508010. Email: email@example.com