We are looking for very reliable, caring and dedicated SUPPORT WORKERS to work a LIVE IN shift pattern for a 32yr old lady with complex care needs living in her own home in LS20. This is on the boarder of Guiseley and Baildon/Shipley
The client would normally enjoy shopping, theatre, and creative activities, weekends away and an annual holiday abroad, but due to Covid 19 she is currently shielding, so while living in you will be shielding with her. Her main activity while shielding is painting with her mouth and this will require your assistance.
The role will include: Providing 2:1 care for all aspects of our clients daily living, including personal care, clinical duties and mobility. There will also be support required for physiotherapy exercises and rehabilitation activities.
ALLTHE TRAINING NEEDED FOR THIS ROLE IS PROVIDED LOCALLY TO THE CLIENTS HOME IN LS20
- Have a good understanding of the English language and speak clearly.
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence, to drive the clients adapted vehicle.
- Be reliable and flexible to work all shifts as part of a team.
- Good time management, the ability to take direction from the client.
- Be down to earth and have a good sense of humour
- 6-12mths care experience is desirable but not essential
- Regular COVID 19 tests will be required.
Shift patterns will cover 24hrs and be varied over the live-in period, including:
Days + Sleep Nights or Days + Disturbed Nights and cover 7 days per week and bank holidays.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check WILL be required
Rates of Pay:
Average minimum wage when fully competent based on a 2 week LIVE IN period is £2585.30 gross
£8.21 per hour - Training rate (training generally completed within 1 month of start date)
THIS ROLE IS INITIALLY FOR A 6 or 12MTH CONTRACT WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF THE ROLE BECOMING PERMANENT AFTER THIS PERIOD.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org