Fun and Energetic PA Required 6hrs p/w @ £10.50per hour in LS8 + add 10hrs p/w school hols - Leeds - LS8
Job Reference (5ce1dbf7)
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Hours per week: 6 (additional 10hrs per week non-term time)
Hourly Rate: £10.50
Location: at home in LS8 or out in the community
Reports To: Father or Mother
To provide a safe level of care and help with my son H’s speech and language, motor skills and exercises to improve his walking who has Significant Developmental Delay. H is a very happy child who loves to smile; a PA who is confident, enthusiastic and willing to get involved in anything is ideal for this role.
H loves going on walks in the local area and visiting the park. Once fully trained and inducted in to the role, the PA will take H out independently to play on the park together; H particularly enjoys going on the swings. Due to his visual impairment, the PA will need to closely supervise H at all times and lead by hand on occasion.
When at home the PA and H will use the time to play together constructively, including block building, playing with sensory toys, reading together and working on his balance. Ultimately, the PA will need to be enthusiastic and flexible to be involved in whatever activity H wishes.
The PA may be required to support with physiotherapy exercises to aid his mobility and must provide support when climbing stairs.
Previous experience with Makaton is desirable for this role. The PA would use these techniques to build upon his knowledge of Makaton developed at school. Once the PA has built a relationship with H they may be involved in other developmental training.
• Provide personal care
• Support with exercises to improve his independence
• Play with him to improve his motor skills
• Use basic Makaton to improve his communication and understanding
• Take him to park etc.
• Previous experience as a 1-1 essential
• Show initiative and flexibility
• Ensure he is supervised at all times in appropriate activities
• Be sensitive to his needs and feelings
• To be able to work unsupervised
• Communicate well with family and provide feedback
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Good communication and listening skills
• To be able to take decisions and make sound judgement
• To manage stress and stay calm under pressure
• To be able to build self-esteem while ensuring a safe and secure environment
• To enjoy working with children
Prior to starting work you will be subject of an Enhanced DBS and reference checks. You may also be asked to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Social + Leisure activities
Essential PA Guide
Moving & Handling
Full UK driving license
Own personal car
Schedule, Pay & Hours
ONA = Overnight Awake / ONS = Overnight Sleep