I am a man in my 40s who recently became physically disabled. This affects my mobility and my ability to use my hands. I am looking for a personal assistant to help me with mainly domestic tasks and to support me to be as independent as possible.
I like cooking (and eating), exercising, watching TV and listening to music.
· 4 hour shifts, 4 days a week - one of those days will be a weekend.
Some flexibility around these hours is possible for the right candidate.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
I'm looking for somebody who has the following qualities/abilities:
· Good time keeping
· Able to work off own initiative
· Easy to get along with
· Good Attitude
· Willingness to undergo training if necessary
Duties and responsibilities
· Helping me to prepare meals, I like to cook meals from scratch.
Personal care duties:
· Some assistance with applying cream
· Should I be unwell however I might need greater assistance, so the candidate should be prepared to do more personal care if necessary.
· Other administrative and domestic duties that may arise
· Carrying out other tasks that arise in the course of the week.
Note: All needs will vary from day-to-day and duties will alter accordingly.
· Experience in caring and domestic work (can be lived experience or paid experience).
· Car owner – this will make shopping easier
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to do a new enhanced DBS and will have to provide references.