I’m a woman in my early sixties. My interests include reading, watching sport, gardening, the countryside, theatre and visiting historic monuments.
I have fibromyalgia which causes constant pain. I also have spinal issues, diabetes and arthritis. These conditions affect my mobility and ability to carry out everyday tasks. At times the pain can impact my mental health. I’m looking for somebody that will feel comfortable working with me through the ups and downs.
I am pretty easygoing and have a dry sense of humour.
My health is quite changeable and I am looking for people who can support me to be independent when I am feeling well, and who can take the initiative and ensure everything gets done when my health is not good.
16 hours a week
I have some flexibility around days and times. There would be some weekend and evening work.
Rate of pay:
£9.35 – paid by BACS transfer monthly.
About the role:
I am looking for somebody that can do domestic tasks in my home and is happy to assist me with some personal care tasks.
- Laundry and ironing
- Some meal preparation
- Bed making
- Assistance with getting up and getting dressed
- Assistance with washing/showering
- Generally supporting me in everyday life
- Can toilet independently
- I sometimes need help showering
- I sometimes need help dressing
Personal Qualities and Attributes Required:
- Competent cleaner
- Competent at cooking
- Adaptable (particularly to my changing health)
- Happy to follow instructions
- Good initiative, especially when I’m not well
- Able to understand and stick to strict confidentiality
- Easy to be around
- Sense of humour
Car owner desirable.
- Meal Preparation
- Personal Care
- Domestic Care
- Support to remain independent
ONA = Overnight Awake / ONS = Overnight Sleep