Employer ref : PHBLANCS/JKM/TW
Job Description and Person specification
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Hours of work: Full and part time hours are available
Salary: £10.40 per hour
You will support a young gentleman who is sociable, bright, easy going with a great sense of humour to live in his family home in the Barton area of Preston. This chap has Dystonia and other health issues, which results in him having complex medical needs. You will be trained to support his health and care needs; all aspects of personal care. You will support in the management of spasms and administration of prescribed medication. You will help the young gentleman to get out and about, locally, and wider afield to to enjoy social activities, support to to appointments, and social outings. To support the young gentleman to take part in life enriching, and appropriate activities whilst remaining safe and well. The support is always 2:1, carers will always be working in teams of two.
- Must be self-motivated and well organised
- To be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and health professionals
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Excellent team player
- Independent worker, able to use initiative and self manage time and task
- Willingness to participate in vocational training programmes.
- Basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Basic understanding of Infection Control
- NVQ or equivalent in Health & Social Care
- Current moving & handling certificate
- First Aid certificate
- Infection Control
- Health & Safety
- Fire Safety
- Food & Hygiene
These qualifications are desirable, but not essential as full training will be given.
Training and Development
You will receive full training in all aspects of duties including the care of the young gentleman's Dystonia, airway management, PEG. You will be supported and encouraged to undertake role specific training and education opportunities to develop your skills further. You are required to undertake all mandatory training relevant.
- Personal care
- Medication administration
- Cerebral Palsy support and awareness of
- Monitoring of general health and wellbeing, daily record keeping as such.
- Safe moving and handling
*This list is not exhaustive.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and a DBS check will be needed, the cost will be met by the employer.