I am a woman in my early 40’s with a love of the outdoors and nature, who lives in an upstairs flat with my cat. I would describe myself as quiet, but enthusiastic and fun-loving; resilient, responsible, determined, funny, creative, considerate and highly insightful. I enjoy the company of other people but I also need a lot of time on my own.
I require a Female Personal Care Assistant to support me with personal care, mental wellbeing, domestic tasks, paperwork, accompanying me to hospital appointments, enabling me to get outside into local nature and the garden, assisting me in finding and accessing creative or social activities, and supporting my physical rehabilitation.
Tasks will include:
- Budgeting support and assistance with other paperwork
- Cooking and ensuring correct nutrition is maintained
- Light domestic chores (eg hoovering, cleaning, laundry, changing sheets, putting food shop away, taking rubbish out)
- Assisting with re-organising and tidying my home to create accessibility
- Enabling me to access nature and activities and accompanying me outside (sometimes pushing a wheelchair)
- Guiding or assisting me in physiotherapy and physical rehabilitation
- Providing companionship: doing arts and crafts, games, light conversation
- Assistance mobilising around my home and outside;
- Assistance with washing and dressing;
- Prompting with medication;
- Advocating for me at medical appointments
A clean license and access to a vehicle is desirable, but not essential.
8 hours per week plus overtime / cover. Times to be negotiated and flexibility with the hours is essential to be able to cover for sickness and holidays.
This is a job-share with one other person. Your 8 hours will mainly be weekday afternoons (alternatively: evenings and weekends would be considered) and will be focused on assisting with paperwork, bills, budgeting and making phonecalls, and also assistance to access the garden or local parks and woodland.
There will also be some domestic duties, companionship, and personal care tasks as listed above.
When covering for holidays and sickness you will be required to assist with all aspects of personal care, hygiene, nutrition, and domestic duties and your overtime hours would include mornings if possible, and be up to a maximum of 8 total hrs per week.
Overtime is optional, but you must be able to be flexible, and also willing to spread your hours over the week when your job-share partner is on leave.
Note: the required availability indicated below is only for example, as hours can be negotiated.
The rate of pay is £9.38 per hour, statutory annual leave, Pension.
Role subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
This advert complies with the Equality Act 2010 Part 1, schedule 9 as it is a ‘genuine occupational requirement’