To provide support within the home, assisting with light domestic duties, personal care, and accessing the local community.
Location: Costessey, NR5
I have recently had my left leg amputated below the knee and I am building confidence using my wheelchair around my home and a banana board to support transfers. I would like carers to supervise my transfers during visits and support to strip wash in the morning, mobilise to the toilet and to dress. In the evening I would like support with personal care, toileting and getting ready for bed.
Duties to include:
· Light domestic duties focusing mainly on keeping my home tidy.
· Personal care, including bathing, assisting with dressing and undressing, applying creams, and assisting with toilet needs.
· Accompanying me to do food shopping and to go to medical appointments.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Female personal assistant due to personal care role.
· Driving license holder and own vehicle with appropriate business insurance cover essential.
· Previous experience in a social care role desirable.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week, working 7 days a week. 7 hours per week to cover two 30-minute visits per day, 2 hours per week for social activities and 1 hour per week for shopping. This post can be considered as a job share between 2 PAs.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.