A lady in a wheelchair is looking for support to live independently and to live well.
She is looking for 1 female carer to work a total of 5 hours per week. This pleasant and friendly lady, who likes to enjoy life, lives in Chilton, DL17, in County Durham.
She is looking for one Personal Carer to provide cover 1 hour on a Wednesday morning, Thursday morning and Friday morning and evening plus 1 hour per week shopping.
Hours of work / rate of pay:
- Start times on a morning will be between 0800 and 0830
- Evening work will take place between 2000 and 2100 (to be agreed based on availability with the employer and other carer).
- Hourly rate of pay: £9.50/hr
- The Personal Carer will be expected to assist their employer with showering, dressing and applying cream twice a day, as well as support with other personal care.
- There will be some light housework and meal preparation when required.
- The carer will need to complete the food shopping - one hour per week, so the carer would need access to a car to put the shopping in.
- The Personal Carer should have a flexible approach to their work and be a team player.
- They will need to cover for holidays and sickness if the other carer is off.
- Experience in the care sector would be beneficial, but it is not necessary as training can be provided.
The successful candidate will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS which will be paid for by the employer.
I would like to get on with any carer who works for me and look forward to hearing from you so that we can talk over the phone / video call in the first instance.