This role is to provide social support to T, a friendly, outgoing, sociable gentleman with an interest in football, motorbikes and aeroplanes, who has a moderate learning disability and type 2 diabetes.
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
· Supporting T to access activities of interest to him, such as visiting the library, museums or the pub.
· Supporting T to attend appointments.
· Driving T in your own vehicle.
· Assisting T to make sensible and healthy choices while out and about together.
· Highlighting any aspects of concern to T’s family as necessary.
· Prompting T to shave, wear suitable clothing etc.
· General tidying of T’s home.
· Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
· Similar interests to T.
· Outgoing personality.
· Able to maintain professional boundaries as T can become quite attached to the people in his life.
· Some flexibility with working hours to accommodate appointments.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 16 hours per week, generally worked from 10am-2pm on a Monday and Friday, and Saturday and Sunday afternoons, with some flexibility to allow for appointments.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.