Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support a lady living with both mental health and physical needs, acting as an enabler to improve mental health wellbeing. This role also entails carrying out domestic tasks and a limited amount of personal care.
Location: Norwich, NR4
I am seeking a seeking a female personal assistant with experience in social care, preferably with knowledge of mental health and fibromyalgia.
The personal care element of this role will involve running a bath when needed and assisting me with washing my hair if I’m having a bad day. The role further requires you to assist with housework including keeping the bathroom maintained to a high standard.
You will need to be able to drive and escort me to appointments, advocating on my behalf when required, making appointments and chase up contacts on occasions.
I’m seeking a personal assistant who shares many of my passions in life, someone who like art, has a keen interest in human rights and environmental issues, discussing politics and someone who celebrates diversity. I like to see myself as someone who is both flexible and spontaneous and also confident and passionate in my beliefs. Shared attributes such as these are a must as is someone who thinks outside the box and agrees with me that we have the power to make the world a better place.
I’m not a hippy, am eclectic and unique, are you?
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Passion for social justice.
· Intellectually thought provoking.
· An understanding of the barriers faced by people living with disabilities.
· Mental health awareness – the ability to recognise when I’m having a bad day and not to be offended if I may appear to be a little ‘off’.
· Ability to maintain a home to a high standard.
· Shared interests.
· Car/owner driver with relevant business insurance.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 16 hours per week, 5 hours per day, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.