UKCIL Job Reference: 1e605839
Personal assistant (PA)
To assist disabled female in late 40’s in a variety of daily living tasks which will enable/assist her to live her personal and social life according to her wishes and interests.
About the employer:
I am female, in my late forties with a teenage autistic son who has severe learning difficulties. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia.
A large part of the duties will be domestic.
- Domestic duties:
- Vacuum and mopping.
- Cleaning bathrooms.
- Changing bed sheets.
- Support with grocery shopping.
- Social Duties:
- Attend with me adult education classes (reasonable expenses will be paid).
- Attend with me medical appointments (reasonable expenses will be paid).
- Attend with me any other meetings with agreement.
- Help me with low-impact aerobic exercises such as walking or swimming.
- Personal care:
- Help me perform exercises/physiotherapy.
- Help me manage my disabled son when I am outside the home with him.
These duties may vary from day to day.
Type of person that I am looking for:
- Previous experience isn‘t necessary with this role, as much as being honest, reliable, punctual, in good health yourself, non-judgemental about me or my son, adaptable, able to work alone and positive.
- Specific requirements:
- It would help me if you have an understanding of autism, arthritis and/or fibromyalgia.
- I would like someone that is able to learn my routine and who is able to do tasks independently when I am not well enough to do them myself.
- As my Personal Assistant, you will be directed by and accountable to me in all parts of your work. If you are not sure of things, please ask what my needs are and listen to my directions, instructions or requests.
What you can expect to receive:
- £9.50 per hour. Pay will be monthly in arrears by bank transfer.
- Holiday entitlement.
- Flexible working hours by agreement.
- Workplace pension if you choose.
- Access to training opportunities by agreement.
Hours of work:
- To start with;
- Monday to Friday: 3 hours per day after 10am and before 3pm.
- Saturday and Sunday: 3 hours per day.
- Flexible hours to be mutually agreed.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of ironing and cleaning in similar roles.
- Health care assistant / medical training.
- Driving licence.
- Manual Handling training.
- Autism, arthritis and/or fibromyalgia awareness.
All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check.
Please contact the employer for an application form.
If you have not heard back within 8 weeks of applying, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.