To provide parenting support to a mother and her young son in their home, assisting with meal preparation, domestic tasks, and organising recreational days out.
Location: Snettisham, PE31
My son and I need a friendly PA to visit us at home to help support me in my parenting role by promoting positive routines and helping facilitate recreational family time. I am a chatty person when in 1:1 situations who engages well in conversation, and I enjoy gardening and interior design. My son takes time initially to be comfortable with new people but can be very humours once he has got to know you better. My son loves playing with Lego and together we like to play and make up stories about his teddies. If you are interested in making a positive impact on our family life then we would love to hear from you.
Duties to include:
· Helping me prepare a homecooked family meal and promoting a positive routine around mealtimes.
· Assisting with washing up and tidying away after mealtimes.
· Assisting with parenting role, including prompting and encouraging my son to carry out tasks in the evening. For example, getting things ready for school the next day and assisting with his personal hygiene routine.
· Visiting on the weekends to support me to take my son out for some recreational family time locally.
· Escorting my son to visit and stay over at his grandmother’s home in Lincolnshire and escorting him home again afterwards during the school holidays. You will only be required to escort my son’s travel and will not be required to stay overnight. These visits will be arranged with plenty of advance warning and reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
· Accompanying my son to medical appointments.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Driving license holder with own vehicle and appropriate business insurance cover.
· Must be able to work weekends and during school holidays on occasions where this has been agreed in advance.
· Must be good with children, and previous experience working with children preferred.
· Willing to invest time initially in building a positive relationship with both myself and my son.
· Some experience or awareness of people with additional needs including autism highly desirable.
· Must be able to listen and be non-judgemental when giving support.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 12 hours per week, working 2 hours between 4:30pm and 6:30pm on weekdays, and 2 hours on a single weekend day. Occasional work during school holidays and weekend work to be arranged in advance with your prior consultation.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.