Personal Assistant required for every other Saturday or Sunday to help build confidence with being out in the community - More hours are available for the right candidate.
Male is autistic, with learning difficulties, limited speech and although has challenges, is a very happy young man. Support is required to take out and about to build on life skills e.g., walking, bowling, cinema.
He struggles with anxiety and routine is essential. The main role is to support him and keep him safe. The personal assistant needs to be patient and trustworthy. Guidance and role requirements will be set by parent.
- Experience of working with autistic people
- Non smoker
- Excellent time management, communication and listening skills
- Full UK Driving licence and own car
- Support to access the activities he enjoys both in the community and at home
- Ensure he is safe and secure at all times
- Encourage him to try new activities as and when appropriate