Personal Assistant required for young disabled woman in Brentry, Bristol.
Support needed to maintain independence and help with all daily living tasks and in the community.
Hours are approx. 30 hours per week.
Times are to be negotiated – current hours are:
Weekdays 8- 4pm Monday
8am – 4pm Tuesday
2- 4 pm Thursday
8- 4pm Friday
Tasks include support with batch cooking, laundry, domestic tasks, help with admin and support with family life.
Upbeat outgoing person preferred, with experience.
Dog lover and Full driving licence needed.
Rate of Pay £9.38 per hour ( 5.6 weeks per year pro rata holiday entitlement )
Role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
· Supporting with food preparation & batch cooking
· Support with going out
· Support with going out with my dogs
· Supporting me with my routine
· General domestic tasks : Cleaning , washing, hoovering.
· Household cleaning.
· Changing bedding
· Ensure that my home is generally clean and tidy
· Support with accessing the community
· Supporting me in getting my daughter to school or days out.
· I am a wheelchair user and will need you to push the wheelchair
As my PA, you will be directed by and accountable to me in all aspects of your work. You should always reasonably ask what my needs are and listen to my directions, instructions or requests. We will have regular supervision meetings. I want my Pa’s to be fulfilled and happy in their work and will make what I consider reasonable adjustments to make this a reality.
I would like someone that is able to learn my routine and be able to take initiative to do tasks independently when I am not well enough to do them myself.
Training will be provided.
Note: Allneeds will vary from day-to-day and duties will alter accordingly.
Pay: weekday £9.38 per hour.
· Punctuality: Arrive at the scheduled time, ready to start work. Let me know if you are going to be more than 10 minutes late.
· Confidentiality: I will need you to respect my privacy. Many problems can arise from casual conversation about the care and assistance that you give. Maintain a professional approach at all times.
· Good Attitude: appreciate the strains and stresses involved for me and the effect this can have on the acceptance of your help. You should respect the possessions and equipment in my home. Use of the telephone, heating, television, radio etc. are at my discretion.
· Training: Training will be available in certain key areas. You should be prepared to attend any relevant training sessions, read any training literature provided and follow procedures.
| | |
It is the job of the Personal Assistant to assist me with social support, and to act as a confidential escort, assistant and companion in my social and day-to-day activities. Providing help at the right time will enable me to lead an individual and independent lifestyle in the community.
The Personal Assistant should always ask what their employer’s needs or wishes are and listen to the requests and directions.
Acknowledgement and respect of the following qualities in the employer is equally important: physical aspects, intellectual, sexual, cultural, educational, and social aspects.
Note: - All needs will vary from day to day and duties will alter accordingly, so the Personal Assistant needs to be able to be flexible with his/her time.
· Car driver – Full Driving license
· Dog lover
· Ability to accept responsibility
· Reliability, flexibility and trustworthiness
· Someone who is proactive
· Friendly, easy going manner
· Someone who enjoys doing creative things and likes the outdoors
· Able to work with or without direct supervision
· Willingness and ability to learn
· Supportive and positive attitude
· Role will be subject to enhanced DBS check and references.