I am a 26-year-old male with cerebral palsy who lives in Bristol. I am looking to recruit
a team of Personal Assistants who will provide my personal care and independent living support.
I am mad about sport – love to watch it on TV, see it live and talk about it!
I have season tickets for both my local football and cricket clubs and attend regularly. I play Boccia twice a week at a local club - enter competitions and play for my regional team. I like to swim at least once a week and enjoy trips to the cinema, theatre and socialising at the local pub with friends and companions. I would like the opportunity to get more involved in the local community. I use a powered wheelchair all the time for my mobility.
About the role:
Personal Duties – assist me with showering, toileting, dressing, shaving and all aspects of personal care. Cut up my foods and administer medication. Encourage me to use my standing facility on my wheelchair and exercise at home on my bike.
Domestic Duties – assist me with food shopping and be able to cook. Be able to run all aspects of a home – house cleaning and attending to laundry.
Social Duties – to be an companion and also to provide assistance getting out and about in Bristol, using public transport and accompany & assist me at social events
Night Time Care – help with toileting when needed
Note: The above duties will vary from day to day and may include any other reasonable duties that may be necessary.
- An understanding of social care.
- Patience & good communications skills
- Responsible, confident, sociable & reliable.
- Fun personality, sense of humour & a relaxed attitude
- Clean & tidy in both appearance & ways
- Driving license
· Good communication skills and fluent in English language
· Must be able to cook healthy meals
· Must be comfortable in doing personal care
· Legally able to work in the UK
· You must be able to respect my privacy and have an understanding of the need for confidentiality in all areas of your work