To provide mentorship to a sociable young man and promote independent living, assisting with
Location: Thetford, IP24
I am a driven young man with mild autism and Tourette's looking to take the next step towards independent living in my transition towards adult life, with the aim of securing my own council flat. I am looking for a friendly PA to provide mentorship and guidance, helping me keep my home in order and promoting my independence skills. Other general duties will include assisting with my finances and budgeting, assisting with admin tasks such as helping me respond to post, and food preparation.
I am looking for a calm and confident PA who will encourage me to keep my home and my adult life in order. My main hobbies include playing sports, going to the gym, and playing rugby for Thetford rugby club, and I am always keen to explore opportunities in the community to be involved with social or sports groups.
It is important to note that all tasks should be done with the aim of including me and developing my own independent skills. This will include prompting, instructing and directing me rather than simply doing things for me.
Duties to include:
· Household tasks including changing bed linen, washing up, and doing laundry.
· Helping me maintain a clean, tidy and clutter free home.
· Assistance with admin tasks such as opening and actioning post, providing support with finances and budgeting, and booking appointments.
· Providing mentorship in my social life and helping me develop and maintain positive personal relationships with friends.
· Helping me develop cooking and food safety skills and promoting positive habits around food and mealtimes.
· Promoting road safety awareness and general spatial awareness to ensure I am keeping myself safe and not putting myself in harms way.
· Encouraging me to access the local community and be involved in groups and opportunities.
· Promoting my personal development, and encouraging me to look for job vacancies.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Interest in cooking healthy meals preferred.
· Understanding of autistic traits and behaviour preferred.
· Genuine desire to make a positive impact by being a mentor figure.
· Highly organised.
· Calm and patient.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.