Are you interested in supporting a young person in the home and with accessing the community? Can you commit 4 hours a week to support a young boy?
Great opportunity to earn money, enhance your CV and build experience for your career in the public/ health/ care sector while studying.
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Hours Per Week: 4 hours per week and an additional 4 hours during the non-term time (school holidays)
Rate of Pay: £9.18
Location: My home and the local community
To support Alisa who has a diagnosis of Pitt-Hopkins syndrome, Epilepsy, Hyperactivity ADHD, Gastrostomy, Autism, and non-verbal.
This person requires support with all personal care needs and will need support from a Personal Assistant to dress, toileting, brushing teeth, and gastrostomy feeding. Alisa is not able to communicate verbally and will not support/guide the Personal Assistant through all tasks.
Alisa will also require support with social and leisure tasks. Some hours will be to support Alisa to access social media to stay in contact with friends, listen to music, and visit places away from home.
What are the duties?
- Personal care
- Household tasks
- Support to source and access interest and hobbies
- Supporting with everyday tasks such as feeding
- Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication and peg feed
- Supporting the learning of new skills
- Driving licence
- Skilled in challenging behaviour
- Childcare Qualification
- Skilled or training within mental health awareness
If you are interested in supporting this young boy, please apply via UKCIL.