-PA for male with significant intellectual disability flexible hours +paid travel Wetherby - WETHERBY - LS23
Job Reference (f1f63248)
Job Title: Personal Assistant to support a 15 year old male who has a diagnosis of significant intellectual disability for 6 hours per week with paid travel plus additional hours (flexible)
Hours per Week:
6 hours per week + 2 hour travel = 2 x 3 hour sessions (evenings) with 1 hour travel per shift (30 minutes each way)
Additional 4 hours once a month + 1 hour travel) = One Saturday or Sunday a month with 1 hour travel per shift (30 minutes each way)
Additional 8 hours per week + 1 hour travel = School holidays only. Again 1 hour travel per shift (30 minutes each way)
You can apply to work some or all the above hours, please make this clear at end of your application.
Rate of Pay: £10.22 per hour
Location: My home and the local community LS23
Jake is seeking a PA who is compassionate, reliable and conscientious with a good sense of humour, and willing to go the extra mile. You should be friendly and approachable, sensitive, flexible and fun!
If that’s you, this is a great opportunity to earn money, enhance your CV and build experience for your career in the public/ health/ care sector.
Jake requires support from a Personal Assistant to access social and leisure tasks. These hours will be to support him to visit places away from home, ideally collecting him from school and accompanying him to an activity and for tea, before bringing him home. Private transport is therefore essential.
During this time, Jake will require support with all personal care needs, including dressing, toileting, etc. Jake is non-verbal and communicates through Makaton and gesturing, and will therefore need support from the Personal Assistant to communicate his needs. Experience of Makaton is desirable.
What are the duties?
• Support in accessing the community for fun activities, for example swimming, bowling, and trampolining.
• Spending down-time at home doing independent tasks, like crafts or making art.
• Support to source and access interest and hobbies.
• Supporting the learning of new skills.
• An understanding and previous experience working with children with additional needs.
• Flexibility towards planned activities.
• Patience and tolerance to Jake’s interests and habits.
• Full clean driving licence and owning a vehicle is desirable.
Any relevant experience will be considered if the skills can be applied to this role.
What we can offer:
• Supportive and pleasant home environment.
• Comprehensive package of paid training.
• Flexible work schedule.
• £10.22 per hour, plus holiday pay etc.
If this is the role for you, please apply via UKCIL.
Social + Leisure activities
Essential PA Guide
Understanding challenging behaviour
Full UK driving license
Own personal car
Schedule, Pay & Hours
ONA = Overnight Awake / ONS = Overnight Sleep