We are looking for fun, caring and reliable staff to help care for Charlotte, she is 32 years old and has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome & Autism, due to this and other conditions she needs 24 hour care. Charlotte lives at home with her partner and tortoise (Herbie). We have a team of carers who help Charlotte in all aspects of daily living and care, this includes help getting up, showering, getting dressed/changing clothes, transferring to wheelchair, all other personal care including assistance with Ileostomy (stoma) bag, suprapubic catheter and PEG feeding tube. Charlotte's condition causes a great deal of fatigue among other issues so she is not always able to get out of bed. Charlotte is a lovely young lady, she enjoys baking, crafting (sewing, knitting, glass, pottery etc), shopping, watching movies, growing plants and more.
Shift: 930-1930 on a Friday (1 shift a week)***
**Option to swap to other days/work extra days available.
The ideal candidate is compassionate, reliable and conscientious with a good sense of humour, they should be happy working on their own and part of a team and willing to go the extra mile. You should be friendly and approachable, sensitive, flexible and fun. Previous experience of care is not essential but is desirable.
What we can offer:
- Supportive and pleasant home environment
- Comprehensive package of paid training
- Flexible work schedule
- £11 per hour, plus holiday pay etc
Summary of Main Duties
You will be required to carry out the following duties, many of which will be without direct supervision.
- Personal Care - Toileting, shower, PEG feeding, Clinical Observations, Medication Administration etc
- Domestic Tasks - General housework, laundry, bedding etc
- Social - accompany to social events, e.g. having a good time.
- General - Completing care boots and paperwork, phone calls etc
- Work - Charlotte has a small handmade buisness, helping with some tasks she cant do herself e.g. lifting things/passing, going to post box.
Why apply for this job?
Do you want to make a difference to someone life? Charlotte is a lovely 32 year old with significant health needs, and is life limited. If you apply for this role, you will be not only a PA, but also a friend. Your daily shift will involve care tasks but also fun activities such as baking, massage, going to the cinema, shopping, chatting and having a good time. This is a really rewarding position with a chance to make a difference!