UKCIL Job Reference: c955e262
JOB TITLE: Personal Assistant to Selina Davy
HOURS: 5.5 Hours p/w Mon to Fri to be flexible
RATE OF PAY: 5.5 Mon-Fri £9.18 per hour
Why I need a PA:
Thank you for clicking on my advert. My name is Selina and I am a 42 year old female adult and have numerous long-term health conditions that cause me chronic pain, fatigue and a vast number of other symptoms. I am also partially sighted and therefore require help in reading and writing personal correspondence and financial statements. Due to this, I tire very easily and often find my pain difficult to manage which can often cause me to incur many penalties due to leaving documents and missing deadlines because of this. Sometimes even small amounts of activity can overwhelm me very quickly. In order to manage my conditions, I have to focus on pacing myself and balancing my medication, pain treatment and sight problems alongside day to day tasks.
I'm looking for a bright and bubbly PA, with a good sense of humour and attitude to work the successful person must also have a positive outlook on life both working with and around people. Applicants must also be ok working in a household with my small dog.
Ideal candidates would have a good understanding (or a willingness to learn) about chronic illnesses and sight impairment. Car driver with own transport is essential. Mileage will be compensated. Previous experience is preferred but not a requirement.
● Identifying hazards such as breakages/broken glass and spillages plus cleaning up after identification.
● Assistance and accompaniment to socialising, hospital appointments and general getting out and about.
● I also need help with clothing and colours such as identifying clothes with stains so that I know not to wear them or to throw away.
● Assistance looking after 1 small dog such as occasional walks, feeding, medication and cleaning up after them.
● Help with paperwork and ability to use a computer is preferable.
● Read and sometimes respond to mail.
● Add appointments to my calendar
● Help occasional with my medication.
● Plus, any other reasonable requests. Such as collecting medication if it has not been delivered.
My PA will be directed by and accountable to me, in all aspects of their role. S/he must always respect my independence, and ask rather than assume, what assistance I require as this is changeable due to my conditions. A full induction and training will/can be given if needed.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and must hold a clean and valid UK driving license. I will need to have sight of your driving license and proof of business cover on your vehicle.
Due to the nature of the role, strict confidentiality is required at all times.
I will reimburse you for mileage when you are working with me. You will need to keep a mileage log in order for me to reimburse