JOB TITLE: Personal Assistant to Selina Davy
HOURS: 10 Hours p/w Mon to Sun
RATE OF PAY: 8 Hours Mon-Fri £9.43 p/h,
2hrs Sat/Sun £11.74
I am a 43yr old female adult and have numerous long-term health conditions that cause me chronic pain, fatigue and a vast number of other symptoms. I am also partially sighted and therefore require help in reading and writing personal correspondence and financial statements. Due to this, I tire very easily and often find my pain difficult to manage which can often cause me to incur many penalties due to leaving documents and missing deadlines because of this. Sometimes even small amounts of activity can overwhelm me very quickly. In order to manage my conditions, I have to focus on pacing myself and balancing my medication, pain treatment and sight problems alongside day to day tasks.
I'm looking for a bright and bubbly PA, with a good sense of humour and attitude to work. The successful person must also have a positive outlook on life both working with and around people. Applicants must also be ok working in a household with a small dog.
Ideal candidates would have a good understanding (or a willingness to learn) about chronic illnesses and sight impairment. Car driver with own transport is essential. Mileage will be compensated. Previous experience is preferred but not a requirement.
List of duties I need help with:
- General household tasks such as laundry, mopping, hoovering, changing beds, ironing and other standard household tasks.
● Identifying hazards such as breakages/broken glass and spillages plus cleaning up after identification.
● Assistance and accompaniment to socialising, hospital appointments and general getting out and about.
● I also need help with clothing and colours such as identifying clothes with stains so that I know not to wear them or to throw away.
● I often need additional help that the hours that are available/advertised and therefore require someone that can do this with enough notice where possible.
● Support with meal prep and shopping.
● Assistance looking after 1 small dog such as occasional walks, feeding, medication and cleaning up after them.
● Help with paperwork and ability to use a computer is preferable.
● Read and sometimes respond to mail and email.
● Add appointments to my calendar
● Help occasional with my medication.
● Help with transport and guidance to and from appointments, which on occasion will be private, (physio ect..)
● Plus, any other reasonable requests. Such as collecting medication if it has not been delivered.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and must hold a clean and valid UK driving license. I will need to have sight of your driving licence and proof of business cover on your vehicle.
I also need proof of COVID19 status and vaccination before any contact as I am in the extremely vulnerable category and need to be as shielded as possible
Due to the nature of the role, strict confidentiality is required at all times.
I will reimburse you for mileage when you are working with me. You will need to keep a mileage log in-order for me to reimburse
Thank you for taking the time to read my job advert, please apply via UKCIL.