To support a woman with complex physical and mental support needs, helping her maintain her independence within a safe home environment, enabling access to the local community and supporting her day-to-day wellbeing.
Location: Norwich, NR7
I am looking for two friendly PAs to help me with food preparation, domestic tasks, and personal care. My chronic physical and mental health conditions mean my support needs are complex and can vary from day-to-day, including difficulties with walking, speech, memory and bowel conditions. Although I am looking for support across all aspects of daily living, it is important to me that while supporting me the focus remains on allowing me to be as independent as possible.
Duties to include:
· Late morning visit to help me get up in the morning, prepare breakfast and a drink, carry out personal care, and carry out a hygiene clean of the kitchen and bathroom.
· Preparing healthy meals and drinks to support a varied and nutritious diet.
· Assisting me with eating and drinking at mealtimes as requested.
· Doing my food shopping for me once a week.
· Accompanying me to medical appointments. This will include making note of important information as I find it difficult to retain and understand information over extended periods of time.
· Encouraging me to access the local community and be involved in activities and groups that I am interested in, such as the Spiritualist Church.
· Carrying out domestic tasks to keep my home clean, safe and tidy, including washing up, doing laundry, changing bed linen and helping me maintain a hygienic home environment.
· Assisting me with tasks such as going to the post office or the shops for me.
· Assisting with personal care while maintaining my independence and dignity, including assisting with bathing and showering, dressing and undressing, washing and drying my hair, and managing my toileting needs.
· Any other reasonable duties as required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Driving license holder with own car and appropriate business cover insurance essential.
· Flexible with the ability to adapt to fluctuations in my physical and mental support needs.
· Previous experience in a social care role highly desirable due to the demands of my complex health needs.
· Able to cook healthy nutritious meals from scratch to help me maintain a varied diet.
· Passionate about helping others maintain their independence.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 22 hours per week working 6 days per week to be shared between 2 PAs, which will include morning visits and late afternoon visits. Flexibility on the number of hours worked for the right candidate.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.